June 12, 2013

What PD are you investing in this summer?

Let me credit the idea for this post to my Twitter/Google+ friend Lyn Hilt. She posed this question on her Google+ page, and it got plenty of attention, so I decided to ask a similar question here.

Photo credit: ynpnnyc.org
I often wonder how much teachers really invest in their own professional growth during their summers. A friend recently told me that the private school she works for will cover any professional development activity she wants to attend. Wow! I thought, as my mind mulled over the possibilities of this windfall.

Then I wondered if teachers would be be as enthusiastic as my friend is, if they had to invest in their own summer PD.

So, are you investing your time and money in professional growth this summer? If so, what are you doing to improve yourself?


Don't miss Mark's book ROLE Reversal: Achieving Uncommonly Excellent Results in the Student-Centered Classroom, now available in the ASCD store, Barnes & Noble and at Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment